Monday, March 30, 2009
My girls: (I so totally love these girls!)
We are totally throwing sign-language "e"s for Edward!!
And the VFW pictures! It was Carly & Emily's dad's birthday so we had to party good!!
Emily's "Gypsy Hooker." It was a shot of Tequila and a shot of pickle juice!
Our favorite bartender, Teresa!!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
This post really will be pointless. I just feel like I should post today, although, I have nothing to say really!
Going grocery shopping tonight. :( I hate grocery shopping! It costs so much to eat healthy! But, I'm going into withdrawls without my apples/grapes packages and Weight Watchers cookies! I'm totally not looking forward to going to Paris yet again this week but luckily it's not raining today and that's what I've been waiting on!
I fully plan on doing 60 minute Cardio, 25 minute Jillian's Shred and walking at least 3 miles tonight! I refuse to be distracted by tv, Twilight or my new book! :) I'm up to a loss of 25 pounds, so that means I just have 25 more to lose before June to meet my first goal! Keep your fingers crossed I can do it!
Real quick: here's a recommendation for you guys. Especially if you work in an office all day....like me, it can get pretty quiet and somewhat boring. Check out pandora.com. It's free online radio and you can type in what you want to hear and it will populate a whole bunch of songs that are related to that one you selected. Really cool! For example: I typed in Eli Young Band, obviously. :) And it gave me a whole station full of Texas Country artists...like Bleu Edmondson, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Rogers Band and Roger Creager! I LOVE IT!
Also, sorry in advance, guys. There will be more Twilight pictures posted on Monday from the weekend Twilight party! Sorry, I know ya'll are probably more than tired of Twilight! But, you know how I am: gotta have my obsession!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
1. Dark hair
2. Tan skin
3. Good wardrobe
4. White & straight teeth (Which is still very important to me today.)
5. Muscles (really? :))
6. A little bit of facial hair is okay, no beards!
7. NO SMOKING or DIPPING (Apparently, this is before I became a smoker myself.)
8. Decent sized ears
9. Tall, broad shoulders; gooby lines. (In case you ladies aren't familiar, gooby lines are the lines on a man's abdomen leading downwards. Think: David Beckham.)
10. Keeps his identity
11. Won't suffocate me (Still essential for relationships with Kasey.)
13. Sense of humor (Also, still critical today.)
14. Polite, courteous, considerate
17. Loves his mama, but not too much. (Haha, I love this.)
18. Financially independent
19. Doesn't live with his parents
20. Wants a family and children one day
21. Likes my friends and my friends like him
22. Holds a steady job (very nice.)
23. Good vocabulary
25. Doesn't mind cleaning (does this man exist?)
26. Good cook (I added this one for sure because I don't cook, ever.)
27. Can wine and dine
28. Smells good (I hope so!)
29. Can sit and do nothing with me, no couch potatoes! (What?)
30. Looks good in a hat
31. Can carry on conversations
32. Can take him home to parents
33. Answers the phone when I call
34. NO emotional baggage!
35. NO ACNE
36. NOT HAIRY
37. Accepts me for who I am
38. Thinks my blonde moments are cute
39. Not bossy
40. Not selfish
41. Good family life/background
42. Not too jealous, but still cares
43. Compliments me!
44. Can pay his own bills
46. Shares my good morals and values
47. NO UNIBROW (This one is odd considering Robert Pattinson has one of the worst unibrows I've ever seen and I think he is amazingly good looking.)
48. Well-groomed but not metro-sexual
49. No baldness
50. No gauged ears
51. Not an incredible amount of visible tattoos
52. I'm the only one for him
53. Has a strong sense of home
54. Isn't afraid to introduce me to friends and family
55. NOT SELFISH or ARROGANT
56. Cocky, but not too cocky
57. Has a car, truck or suv
59. Not POOR, a little money is good (How shallow!)
60. Chiseled jawbones (See, this is totally me. I love some good bone structure and jawbones are my weakness!)
61. NO GOOGLER (For those of you who aren't familiar, a GOOGLER is a double chin!)
62. Strong, manly hands but still soft
63. Is willing to take things slowly, but can speed it up if asked to
64. Will warm me up when I'm cold
65. Full lips, but not LL Cool J lips (Hahaha!)
66. Is willing to watch a chick flick with me and admits to liking it
67. Knows there are other tv channels besides ESPN and MTV
68. NO mustache
69. NO moles
70. Wears watches; manly bracelets (1 or 2) [ARE YOU SERIOUS??]
71.Pampers me as much as I pamper him
72. Likes to hunt (WTF?)
73. No camo unless they are in the deer woods
74. No beer guts
75. Can be a social drinker, no alcoholics (Brandon) [Okay, this is hilarious! The name in parenthesis was a guy Holli tried to date but drank ALL the time!]
76. Steady haircut
78. No potty mouths
79. No tennis shoes with jeans; boots or birkenstocks only
80. Collared shirts
81. NO dry skin
83. Eats more than me (I was a LOT skinnier then!)
84. Can use a gun
85. Carries a pocket knife
86. Wallet in back pocket; tri-fold wallets only (Which now I HATE tri-fold wallets!)
87. NO RINGS
88. Belt and shoes have to match (Still something I notice...)
89. No socks and sandles (AMEN!)
90. Baseball Players!!
91. Table manners
92. Fish hook on hat (Haha, all the boys used to do this if they were good ole' country boys!)
93. NO wallet chains (I agree!)
94. Buys clothing that fits but not too snug
95. Calls me just to talk
96. Listens well
97. Has good taste in music, movies, food, decor, etc.
98. Likes Christmas (VERY IMPORTANT!)
99. Will spoil me on Valentine's Day
100. Cares about his health i.e. cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.
101. Happy trail
102. Finds me irresistable like Corey & Topanga (HAHA!)
103. Will still love me without makeup on
104. Respects me and my wishes
105. Be nice to my friends
106. Well shaven, not scruffy
107. Boxers, not briefs
108. Not a pervert
109. Can talk to me like a person, not a piece of prized meat
110. Would fight for me
111. Brings me back something from a trip
112. Will play video games with me even when I suck (what?!?)
113. Will give up his bed so I can sleep better
114. Put up with me when I'm cranky or P-M-S-ing
115. Fresh breath
116. Good manicured fingernails
117. Good cuddler
118. No open toes if feet are "bucked up" (Bucked up means messed up or gross)
119. Flip flops and jeans please!
120. Preppy dresser (I so don't like this now!)
121.Country Boy (Don't you think #120 kinda clashes with this one!?)
122. Can get along with my Dad (Which I now know is IMPOSSIBLE)
123. Not a big complainer; optimistic
124. Will come pick me up
125. Keeps his hands to himself on the first date
126. Will take me fishing even though I'm loud and bad at it
127. Good driver (safe, doesn't take chances)
128. Doesn't take advantage of me (sexually, mentally, etc.)
129. NO BUMS
130. Good dancer
131. Likes to party and have fun
132. Plays guitar or piano (not a must, but a plus) [This still totally turns me on, by the way. Robert Pattinson plays both. :)]
133. Can be a kid, but is grown up
134. Be at my RESCUE (ex: flat tire or I'm upset)
135. NO DRUNK DIALING
136. OVER YOUR EX
137. Wears aftershave
139. Hard worker
140. Doesn't talk during a movie! (Still very important!)
141. Not fidgety (ADD) [HAHAHAH!!!]
142. Uses a napkin, not a sleeve or his pants
143. No DOUBLE DENIM
144. NO MULLET
145. If you can fit into my pants, you CAN'T get into my pants. No skinny guys.
146. Contacts not glasses (At this point, I didn't wear glasses either.)
148. Not too skinny (As covered above.)
149. Hairy legs and arms
150. NO TRACK GUYS (Discrimination!!)
151. Can yell with me at a basketball game
152. Doesn't embarass me
153. Knows when to talk, knows when not to
154. Good penmanship
155. Will support my dreams, goals and passions
I think I was dreaming of Edward Cullen even back then! A fictional character! This is why I'm single...too much pressure on the poor fellas! I know this is all very realistic: to think one man would have all the right qualities. It's fun to dream though, right?
Monday, March 23, 2009
Here are some pics from the Twilight DVD Release Party at Hastings and Wal-Mart from this past Friday. It was super fun, but reallyyyyy packed! Also, confession: I bought ANOTHER Twilight DVD. I had already pre-ordered one back in January and I bought another Friday night...I just couldn't help it! Everyone around me was buying them! So, Misty is going to take the other off my hands when it comes in the mail. :)
So, since I've bought the DVD, I've watched it 4 times. Yes, 4 times since about 12: 30 Friday night. Yeesh! I told you the addiction is back with a vengeance! I'm totally checking out the movie with commentary this weekend! Wow. I know I'm a total nerd, but I am so NOT ashamed. I love my Twilight and can't wait for this weekend for my own viewing partyyyy!!
Friday, March 20, 2009
So, I'm up to 3 Twilight shirts and I think that's where I'll stop. It just seems that every Twilight event needs a new shirt! So, I bought a cheap one at Wal-Mart last night for the Hastings party, mainly because I don't want to go to two Twilight parties in the same shirt! :) My shirt for tonight's festivities looks like this: I'm excited! All my girlfriends are going...it's going to be a blast! :) You guys should find Twilight parties near you!!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Let's start with music. PLEASE go to your iTunes right now and buy Bleu Edmondson's cd "Lost Boy!" It's so stinkin' worth it! They are super amazing! If you love country, like me...you're gonna love this! It's Texas country, and you all know that's my favorite so check it out!
Ok, tv. I know I'm behind on this one, but how great is "How I Met Your Mother"?? Ah-may-zing. I love it. If you haven't watched it, you must! You will laugh so hard!! So, who watched "Secret Life of the American Teenager" last night? Ugh. I thought I would throw up...since when did Amy become such a little beyotch? That just really bothered me and I so thought it was worth mentioning. Haha.
Let's skip movies since I haven't been to see one since BRIDE WARS!! Haha. Okay, Twilight DVD Release Party March 28th! I'll be watching a movie then!
Books. This is the one I really need help with. I need your recommendations! I have my Harry Potter books sitting on the shelf but I'm just not ready to read them yet...I want something else. I'm about 100 pages from finishing "The Trophy Wives Club" and I want something really GRRREAT to read next! Any thoughts? Help!
I guess that's all for me...I really just wanted to tell you guys to listen to Bleu Edmondson!! :)
I actually got a fantastic deal on two pairs of glasses and I LOVE my eye doctor. So, all in all...the trip to the doctor wasn't a total bust! And, I CAN SEE NOW! So, now when my Twilight DVD comes in the mail...I will be able to see Edward QUITE CLEARLY. Woot! Here's another picture of one of the pairs of my glasses. These are my "fun" glasses as Emily calls them!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
So, the verdict on the weigh-in this week....Emily has lost 23 pounds so far, I've lost 20 and Carly has lost 12! Not too bad since we've been dieting since January 5th. I was very proud of all of us! This next week I'm purchasing a gym membership! Yay, I cannot wait.
Also, I want a new phone. I LOVE my Centro but I want a touch screen slider one. Haha. So, if you guys know of any cool phones that are compatible with Sprint, let me know!!
I guess that's all for now...sorry I don't have any juicy gossip for you guys today!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
If you haven't been following Jennette like I have, you can go to http://www.pastaqueen.com/. She started a weight loss journey at 375 pounds in 2004 and she now weighs 180! It's truly an inspirational story whether you are dieting or not. She takes the humorous apporoach to weight loss and it really works!
She explains that she hit plateaus, she got discouraged, she even cheated a few times! So, if you are dieting, it lets you know that you can do it! There will be a day you'll step on the scale and hit your goal weight! Jennette did it, so can you!
Go out and get it! And don't forget to visit her blog for information on her weight loss journey, exercise dvds, recipes and much more!
Monday, March 2, 2009
It's official I've been eating healthy and exercising since January 5th and it's paying off! Misty, Emily, Carly and I have been walking at least 3 miles a night and I throw in some extra time on my Gazelle. I do have to confess that I skipped my cardio ALL of last week! But, I've promised myself to get moving right after Oprah today! It's a 50 minute DVD so I'm sure I'll feel better once I'm finished.
Emily and I went to the grocery store yesterday and I stocked up on some more diet food. (I didn't go shopping last week so I had a tendency to eat out a LOT.) But, I'm stockpiled once again and ready to be serious!
I'm trying to make a conscious effort to eat breakfast. That's one of my hardest things. I have such a mental block against breakfast. It made me sick for so long, and since I have to be at work at 7:00 am, I figured eating that early would sour my stomach still. But, I've been bringing fruit to eat around 8:30 or 9:00 am and it really helps! I'm not near as hungry at lunch, so I don't eat WHILE my Lean Cuisine is cooking! (It sounds bad, but I've done it.)
I can't emphasize enough how much having partners has helped me. Emily keeps me on track food-wise, she's always there to say, "You know, you're gonna feel great tomorrow if you just skip that yeast roll today." And Misty is my Jillian. She's ready to exercise whenever so we never miss a night.
We've all still got lots of pounds to shed, but I have to say, I'm proud of us! We have stuck with this and we continue to lose without backpedaling. I can't wait until we're hot, skinny bitches! Haha!
So, I was looking through some old pictures the other day and I came across these from my 21st birthday, September 2007. My final weigh in date for goal 1 of weight loss is my birthday this year. So...you can see a major difference and I'm hoping it's going to change EVEN more! It's sad because I didn't see myself as THAT big in 2007. But, I can sure see it now.
Em, me and Jess at the VFW!