Wednesday, May 6, 2009

my blog about reading...

Finals are over! Woot! I am so glad because I have really fallen behind on my reading list lately! I've been meaning to read "Chasing Harry Winston" by Lauren Weisberger for months now, I finally cracked it but I'm only on page 97! Thank goodness school is done for a while so I can get back in the hang of things!!So, I thought I might share with ya'll what's on my reading list. I'd appreciate any feedback whatsoever! I wanna know if these are good, bad, whatever!!

My current reading list:
Yes, crucify me now...I still haven't read Harry Potter. Eeeep! You guys know I love the movies and I've had the first two books since Christmas (Thanks to my little brother!) But, I promise you I am reading them ASAP!
You guys let me know and I'll let you know how they turn out!

♥k

6 comments:

  1. Finals are way too hectic to try to read too. I want to get into a good book!! But, life itself is a little hectic for me now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you'll love them all. I am working on finishing my newest book today and then will start on more of my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful to be graduating on Saturday just because I want to get lost in a good book. (isn't that sad?) Harry Potter will be such a fun read. You'll get obsessed and have to read the entire series. I almost picked up "Running with scissors" the other day. It looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Great & Terrible Beauty is one of my favorites! I think there's 3 sequels and they're all good! What I liked about the book is that the characters are all 3 dimensional. You sympathize with the characters that are supposed to be "evil" and the ones who are supposed to be "good", sometimes aren't.

    I'm clearly not great at describing books. Let's just say I read an average of 8-10 books a month, and only about a handful that stand out in my mind. That being one of them that I really liked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok Kasey...we really need to have a talk. You still haven't read Harry Potter! OMG. I did my entire senior research paper at SAU about Harry Potter. I could talk about Harry Potter all day long, so yes...read them so I won't have to be dissappointed in you anymore. lol! anyway....a great and terrible beauty is pretty good. I am about to start on the second one myself (Rebel Angels). I read A Great and Terrible Beauty back around Christmas. Its kinda slow at times but is still pretty interesting. Not the best thing I have read lately, but still fun and entertaining. I haven't read Running With Scissors yet, but I know that everyone who has read it loved it. I have heard really great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "A Great and Terrible Beauty" isn't really scary. I mean, it's marketed as a teen fiction book, so it isn't gonna be anything like Stephen King. For me, there wasn't really anything scary in it, just a few strange and interesting incidents. It is something new and different if you are tired of all the vampire books that are so popular right now. Don't get me wrong, I like all the vampire stuff too, but I am started to get tired of everything being about vampires now. Anyway, I digress...so, you should be safe. If you read it and it gives you nightmares, I will take full repsonsibility. lol!

    ReplyDelete