Thursday, July 2, 2009

a weight loss post.

Remember when exercise was fun because you knew it would produce results in a week on the scale? I loved those days. The days when I couldn't wait to leave work to get my gym on. The days when everything was fresh, new and exciting. Now, I seriously have to PUSH myself to get to that gym. I feel so guilty for skipping the gym, I find myself walking 5 miles throughout my town with my workout buddy, Misty. Hey, I guess any exercise is better than none. Luckily, my disgust with the gym hasn't produced any pounds that stick to my center. But, I'm not losing, I'm maintaining. And now, is NOT the time to maintain. I'm a mere 4 pounds away from my first goal weight. Notice I said first. I still have ANOTHER goal to obtain after this one! I need to get it in gear and start moving again!

Thankfully, I have great blogger friends like Dana, Wendy and Shelley who keep me inspired! After reading their posts this morning, I've decided...no pain, no gain. I should never think it's okay to skip my exercise because you know what? That's what got me in the shape I was in. Dana talked about being a creature of routine...this is so me. You know how most people take 30 days to form a habit? Well, it takes me about 5 so it's extremely important that I stick to a routine and do NOT stray from it.

Everything is going so great right now...job interview, new house, new school, new town. I get to start over. I think I'm letting my extreme glee and excitement take over the other aspects of my life. I sometimes forget that I'm not finished with this journey; that it's going to be a lifelong adventure.

Someone once told me that once you lose 10% of your body weight, you'll feel an amazing difference. They're right. I feel phenomenal. I'm doing things physically that I haven't done in years, if ever. I'm more energetic and I don't mind doing a little work. Wendy's blog really registered with me about this. A couple weekends ago, I was asked to help move some cows from one pasture to another. Six months ago, I would've given that person a dirty look and rejected the idea completely. Now, I just smiled and said sure. No qualms about it...that's a difference.

I know I've come a long way since January 5th, the day I started this diet. And I am definitely grateful for the progress I've made, but still, sometimes, I get down and out about the scale never moving. I'm doing my best to have a positive outlook everyday and from this day forward...there will be no more skipping exercise. Promise.

♥k

1 comment:

  1. What an inspirational post! You are so right about not skipping the things that help us get to the goals that we want and that is why I exercised today, which i usually don't on a MOnday. But, since Mondays are bad days for me, that is all the more reason to exercise! Glad you're settling in!

    ReplyDelete