Monday, April 27, 2009

tribute to a golden girl.

Bea Arthur, best known for her role as Dorothy Zbornak on the sitcom The Golden Girls, has died at age 86. Dan Watt, her spokesman and former assistant, told the Associated Press the actress passed away at her home early Saturday after a battle with cancer. He declined to give further details.This really upsets me. :*( I'm a dedicated Golden Girls watcher, thank you Lifetime! I was pretty sad when Estelle Getty passed away last year, but Dorothy Zbornak? I thought she'd live forever!

My friends and I LOVE the Golden Girls and we like to consider ourselves the younger versions of each. :) See below: Picture 1 features Rose and Dorothy. Picture 2 is Sophia and Blanche!! :)

Bea will always be in our hearts and I will watch every re-run in remembrance of her and Estelle!

Check out this link for a clip of my VERY FAVORITE Golden Girls episode! www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVx9JjEDANg

PS: Thank YOU for being a friend!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comments today girl! I love your group of golden girls pics you and your friends have going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Golden Girls.. My heart broke when I heard the news. You'll be forever in my heart Dorothy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put off reading this post because I refuse to acknowledge her passing.... I was heartbroken when I heard

    ReplyDelete