Friday, June 5, 2009

be good to your body for she has been good to you.

While reading Jenn's blog this morning, I was reminded of my favorite Oprah episode. The Oprah episode that changed my life. Doesn't that sound nutty? Back in January, I was watching an Oprah episode where she was describing her weight gain. (I know all you ladies watched as well!) At one point in time, Oprah was TINY and she has gradually gained all if not more of her weight back...and she decided it was time to shed it all, again, and for the last time. She said a lot of inspirational things in that episode, but one thing really struck a chord with me. She said "This year, I'm going to be good to my body. My body has made it possible for me to hug, kiss, walk...do everything for myself over the years. And, I have NOT treated it with respect. This year, I vow to treat it with respect and take care of it." That really got me. It's true. I have been through a lot throughout the years, as we all have, and my body has gotten me through everything. It gave me the strength to hug my loved ones after my mom's passing in 2005, it made it possible for me to go back to school in 2007 and do well...there are so many things my body has helped me through that I am thankful for.

So, that being said...I am treating my body better. I'm not feeding her junk anymore that just makes her tired and ugly. I'm getting out and exercising so she can be more energetic so I have MORE time to spend with family and friends. I'm removing the extra weight from her frame so she can breathe better. I cannot tell you girls the difference 43 pounds has made in my life. I FEEL GREAT! I'm not finished yet, by far, and there is still a long road ahead, but I'm making it. (And getting fantastic compliments by the way!)

I've hit a plateau in my weight loss...and we all know what that can do to our spirits. It doesn't matter how great I eat or how much I exercise, that scale is stuck. I've been in real need of some inspiration these past 2 weeks and I'm so thankful for Jenn's blog this morning. She helped me remember why I started this journey and reminded me that I'm still traveling. She reminded me that it's not all about weight loss all the time, sometimes it's just about feeling good and being healthy. :) So, thanks Jenn for showing me there's still light at the end of this tunnel!

♥k

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't too sure if I was going to have time to read any blogs today because I have another busy schedule today, but I'm so glad I took the time to read yours!

    Thanks for being so inspirational! I needed to read this before I go off to a grad party that will have lots of good food and I was stressed out about it because I'm doing so well this past week. I'm taking you're words to heart and treat my body well as I go to the grad party. I won't deprive myself, but I won't binge! I worked too hard to get to this point.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey, you are too sweet! Thank you so much for the shout out, feedback and all of your fantastic support. You come by my blog all the time with the most terrific and uplifting comments!!!
    There IS a light at the end of the tunnel, we just have to keep focused and know that it is time we took care of ourselves. No matter what weight we end up at, we have to treat ourselves well, take care of our bodies and remember that we are important and deserve the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I need to treat my body with love and respect too!! Wish I had seen your post earlier :>

    ReplyDelete