Tuesday, June 23, 2009

thank you, texas.

I honestly thought I would be in Texas forever. I thought this is where I'd meet my husband, raise my kids and work, forever. I fell in love with Texas the minute I stepped foot on her soil...and I still love her. I sure hate to leave her. I have to say that Texas is responsible for me being a grown up. When I crossed her state line, I was a broken mess. I had just left my fiance, job and home to start a new life away from everyone and everything I knew in Arkansas. Thank goodness for my best friend, Carly, who took me in right away. She gave me a place to live, helped me look for jobs...gosh, she even fed me when the need arose! Now, two years later, I feel complete again...finally. I have confidence again and I know I'm worthy of certain things in life. During my time in Texas, I have acquired a great job that's given me lots of experience, made some of the best friends, returned to school, regained my confidence through weight loss, bought a car and became a real adult. I'm not at all scared about moving back to Arkansas because I'm prepared. Because all that I've learned in Texas, I will be taking back with me to my hometown and putting to use.

Thank you Texas:
-for teaching me how to shoot a shotgun, now one of my favorite hobbies.
-for introducing me to the wonderful world of Texas Country Music.
-for making it possible for me to return to college.
-for introducing me to Riley Dean Sands, my love. :)
-for making me responsible for my own actions.
-for making me love a cookout more than a club night.
-for showing me the importance of family.
-for convincing me that sometimes girls nights are far better than dates.
-for showing me that you actually can love your job.
-for making me realize that marriage can wait, there's no rush.
-for showing me the importance of "friends like family."
-for giving me an entire summer to be irresponsible with my best friends.
-for introducing me to the beautiful sounds of Bleu Edmondson.
-for your sunny days and blue skies that kept me going.
-for making me feel the true pride that Texans have.
-for making me realize, again, that I do love a good pickup truck.
-for giving me my first pair of real cowboy boots.
-for making me more tom-boyish and not so dainty.

I could definitely go on and on about my love for Texas, but I do love Arkansas too! I'm extremely excited about being closer to my family, the prospect of a new job and new school, meeting new people and re-connecting with old ones...oh, and there's a boy. :) But, we won't talk about him for fear of jinxing it!! Let's just say, it's a good thing and I seem to be listening to "Boy Like Me" by Jessica Harp pretty often these days. :) You guys should definitely download that song, you'll love it!

As much as I'll miss my life in Texas, I am ecstatic about my move home! I always thought I'd end up in Texas, but my Papa said he always knew I'd come back home. He said, "Kasey, you always come back where you start." I guess he knows me all too well.

♥k



3 comments:

  1. Your dad sounds like a wise man. It is so geat to hear of all your growing up. Good for you.

    Your new book looks interesting...you'll have to give it reveiw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill miss you when your gone!!! I cant believe your leaving me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome post!!!! You sound like you've done alot of growing up in Texas and Arkansa will be happy to have you back!

    ReplyDelete