Wednesday, June 17, 2009

screw the thornbirds.

I sure hate to do this...
but I'm taking your advice and
I'm putting down The Thorn Birds.
Bleh, I swear...that book.
I just cannot get interested in it...and I'm only about
100 pages shy of finishing it...but I'm taking a break.
And while I'm taking my break I can start on my new books!
Starting with My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult.

I have been seeing Picoult's books out forever and thought some looked interesting but I just wasn't sure...so I decided to take Annie's
advice and start reading her!
So, I'll give you guys the verdict in a little while when I finish. I actually haven't even cracked the book yet, that's on my list for this afternoon. :)
Maybe it won't take me a freakin' month to finish this one!
Damn Thorn Birds.
♥k

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new book! I have not read any of her work so I am interested to see how you like it! Have a great day K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few of her books, but not this one. Let us know if it's worth the read!

    You should try the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. I love these books, funny, sexy, and mystery. I've read all 14!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be prepared to bawl your eyes out at the end of that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, so Jodi Picoult is not really one of my faves. I have read two or three of her books and after a couple of months, I couldn't remember which one was which. I think that nearly every book she writes is basically the same book, same formula, etc...with a few minor adjustments (although I think she does use the same name for her protagonist is several different books)

    Anyway...sorry if I sound like I'm coming down really hard on her. You may really like her books. There are just so many more out there that I like better.

    So, just let us know how it goes.

    By the way...good call on putting down The Thornbirds....:)

    ReplyDelete