Wednesday, June 10, 2009

sometimes it's the little things.

My blogging buddies are the best. Today I ran across another great blog that inspired me to post my own. :) My sorority sister Sara wrote a wonderful blog about small things in her life that make her happy. I loved it! :) So, I'm stealing her idea and writing my own!! She's right, you know, sometimes you get so stressed about everything going on in life that you forget to appreciate the little things that make your life worthwhile. Here, I'm going to let you in on some of those things in my life and show my appreciation!!

First and foremost, MY FAMILY! They have gotten me through LOTS of hard times. Thank goodness for my daily phone conversations with my Grandma, the advice my Papa gives me and the special bonds between my cousins!I think it's time for a new family picture! lol.
Secondly, my besties! Growing up, I always had more guy friends than girls for the simple reason that it was easier. Less drama. But, as I've gotten older I've realized the importance of great girlfriends. And I would DEFINITELY rather have one great night out with my girls than 10 fabulous dates.The best roomate EVER.
Emily, my partner in crime.
Amber & I plan to wreak havoc on Hot Springs. :)
Thirdly, my brother. I never thought I'd say this!! (haha) My brother has turned into a fine, young man and I couldn't be prouder of him. We used to fight like cats and dogs when we were young, but now that we're both adults, we have a great relationship. I couldn't ask for a finer baby brother.And lastly on my list of little blessings in my Riley Dean. I love that boy to pieces and he sure can turn my frown upside down!! He's so special and literally puts a smile on my face at the thought of him!! I'm so thankful the Lord put this little boy in my life and I can't wait to watch him grow up!! [From afar, since I'm moving. :(]Well, that's all from me today. You should definitely go check out Sara's blog and read her list of little blessings! :)

♥k

3 comments:

  1. This is what I needed to hear! Life has gotten really stressful for me lately, so it's time to find little things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Family and friends are truly the important things in our lives. You are so blessed to be surrounded by family and to have so many close friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. Its so important to tribute the truly important things in life.

    ReplyDelete