Tuesday, March 24, 2009

look what i found: the reason i'm single.

So, I was digging through an old picture box at lunch today and stumbled across a list that my girlfriend's and I made freshman year of college. I remember it just like it was yesterday. Haha. We were sitting in the caf at SAU just talking, about boys (you have to remember we were all 17 & 18 years old.) And we decided to make a list of all the qualities we needed in a man. It's a collective list from all of us, so it's pretty long; 4 pages to be exact! I found it quite hilarious!! This is my list for my perfect man, word for word, according to me, Holli, Carly and Maribeth.

1. Dark hair
2. Tan skin
3. Good wardrobe
4. White & straight teeth (Which is still very important to me today.)
5. Muscles (really? :))
6. A little bit of facial hair is okay, no beards!
7. NO SMOKING or DIPPING (Apparently, this is before I became a smoker myself.)
8. Decent sized ears
9. Tall, broad shoulders; gooby lines. (In case you ladies aren't familiar, gooby lines are the lines on a man's abdomen leading downwards. Think: David Beckham.)
10. Keeps his identity
11. Won't suffocate me (Still essential for relationships with Kasey.)
12. Manners!
13. Sense of humor (Also, still critical today.)
14. Polite, courteous, considerate
15. FUN
16. Christian
17. Loves his mama, but not too much. (Haha, I love this.)
18. Financially independent
19. Doesn't live with his parents
20. Wants a family and children one day
21. Likes my friends and my friends like him
22. Holds a steady job (very nice.)
23. Good vocabulary
24. FOCUSED
25. Doesn't mind cleaning (does this man exist?)
26. Good cook (I added this one for sure because I don't cook, ever.)
27. Can wine and dine
28. Smells good (I hope so!)
29. Can sit and do nothing with me, no couch potatoes! (What?)
30. Looks good in a hat
31. Can carry on conversations
32. Can take him home to parents
33. Answers the phone when I call
34. NO emotional baggage!
35. NO ACNE
36. NOT HAIRY
37. Accepts me for who I am
38. Thinks my blonde moments are cute
39. Not bossy
40. Not selfish
41. Good family life/background
42. Not too jealous, but still cares
43. Compliments me!
44. Can pay his own bills
45. Loyal
46. Shares my good morals and values
47. NO UNIBROW (This one is odd considering Robert Pattinson has one of the worst unibrows I've ever seen and I think he is amazingly good looking.)
48. Well-groomed but not metro-sexual
49. No baldness
50. No gauged ears
51. Not an incredible amount of visible tattoos
52. I'm the only one for him
53. Has a strong sense of home
54. Isn't afraid to introduce me to friends and family
55. NOT SELFISH or ARROGANT
56. Cocky, but not too cocky
57. Has a car, truck or suv
58. Self-confident
59. Not POOR, a little money is good (How shallow!)
60. Chiseled jawbones (See, this is totally me. I love some good bone structure and jawbones are my weakness!)
61. NO GOOGLER (For those of you who aren't familiar, a GOOGLER is a double chin!)
62. Strong, manly hands but still soft
63. Is willing to take things slowly, but can speed it up if asked to
64. Will warm me up when I'm cold
65. Full lips, but not LL Cool J lips (Hahaha!)
66. Is willing to watch a chick flick with me and admits to liking it
67. Knows there are other tv channels besides ESPN and MTV
68. NO mustache
69. NO moles
70. Wears watches; manly bracelets (1 or 2) [ARE YOU SERIOUS??]
71.Pampers me as much as I pamper him
72. Likes to hunt (WTF?)
73. No camo unless they are in the deer woods
74. No beer guts
75. Can be a social drinker, no alcoholics (Brandon) [Okay, this is hilarious! The name in parenthesis was a guy Holli tried to date but drank ALL the time!]
76. Steady haircut
77. Smart
78. No potty mouths
79. No tennis shoes with jeans; boots or birkenstocks only
80. Collared shirts
81. NO dry skin
82. CAUCASION
83. Eats more than me (I was a LOT skinnier then!)
84. Can use a gun
85. Carries a pocket knife
86. Wallet in back pocket; tri-fold wallets only (Which now I HATE tri-fold wallets!)
87. NO RINGS
88. Belt and shoes have to match (Still something I notice...)
89. No socks and sandles (AMEN!)
90. Baseball Players!!
91. Table manners
92. Fish hook on hat (Haha, all the boys used to do this if they were good ole' country boys!)
93. NO wallet chains (I agree!)
94. Buys clothing that fits but not too snug
95. Calls me just to talk
96. Listens well
97. Has good taste in music, movies, food, decor, etc.
98. Likes Christmas (VERY IMPORTANT!)
99. Will spoil me on Valentine's Day
100. Cares about his health i.e. cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.
101. Happy trail
102. Finds me irresistable like Corey & Topanga (HAHA!)
103. Will still love me without makeup on
104. Respects me and my wishes
105. Be nice to my friends
106. Well shaven, not scruffy
107. Boxers, not briefs
108. Not a pervert
109. Can talk to me like a person, not a piece of prized meat
110. Would fight for me
111. Brings me back something from a trip
112. Will play video games with me even when I suck (what?!?)
113. Will give up his bed so I can sleep better
114. Put up with me when I'm cranky or P-M-S-ing
115. Fresh breath
116. Good manicured fingernails
117. Good cuddler
118. No open toes if feet are "bucked up" (Bucked up means messed up or gross)
119. Flip flops and jeans please!
120. Preppy dresser (I so don't like this now!)
121.Country Boy (Don't you think #120 kinda clashes with this one!?)
122. Can get along with my Dad (Which I now know is IMPOSSIBLE)
123. Not a big complainer; optimistic
124. Will come pick me up
125. Keeps his hands to himself on the first date
126. Will take me fishing even though I'm loud and bad at it
127. Good driver (safe, doesn't take chances)
128. Doesn't take advantage of me (sexually, mentally, etc.)
129. NO BUMS
130. Good dancer
131. Likes to party and have fun
132. Plays guitar or piano (not a must, but a plus) [This still totally turns me on, by the way. Robert Pattinson plays both. :)]
133. Can be a kid, but is grown up
134. Be at my RESCUE (ex: flat tire or I'm upset)
135. NO DRUNK DIALING
136. OVER YOUR EX
137. Wears aftershave
138. DEODERANT
139. Hard worker
140. Doesn't talk during a movie! (Still very important!)
141. Not fidgety (ADD) [HAHAHAH!!!]
142. Uses a napkin, not a sleeve or his pants
143. No DOUBLE DENIM
144. NO MULLET
145. If you can fit into my pants, you CAN'T get into my pants. No skinny guys.
146. Contacts not glasses (At this point, I didn't wear glasses either.)
147. TALL
148. Not too skinny (As covered above.)
149. Hairy legs and arms
150. NO TRACK GUYS (Discrimination!!)
151. Can yell with me at a basketball game
152. Doesn't embarass me
153. Knows when to talk, knows when not to
154. Good penmanship
155. Will support my dreams, goals and passions

I think I was dreaming of Edward Cullen even back then! A fictional character! This is why I'm single...too much pressure on the poor fellas! I know this is all very realistic: to think one man would have all the right qualities. It's fun to dream though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment