Monday, March 2, 2009

VFW, really?

So, I'm 22 years old. I'm going to go out and have a good time. Usually at honky tonks or clubs, right? No. Leave it to this girl to party at a VFW. Haha!
I live in a very small town. I mean, small. We have to drive 30 miles to the closest Wal-Mart. So, you can imagine when we want to go out, we really have to save our money! We have to buy GAS to get there, drinks, cover charge, etc. Well, my friends and I love going to Texarkana or Idabel, OK to party, but sometimes we just don't wanna drive that far! So, we decided to try the Bogata VFW! (Bogata is a small town about 15 minutes from mine; it consists of the VFW, a travel stop and a dollar general.)

So, I LOVED it! They have karaoke and cheap drinks! Granted, we were the youngest people in there...but it was so fun! It's mostly older people, but they're just out to have a good time! It was a stinkin' blast and I will definently be back.

It's a small place, but it's close to home and the people are laid back. We had a great time. It just goes to show, you don't have to get all dressed up, spend a fortune on alcohol and drive 45 miles across the Red River to have a good time!

Em, me and Jess at the VFW!

No comments:

Post a Comment